If marking is part of your teaching duties, these suggestions will help you prepare. It is important to work with your course or paper coordinator.
Example assessment templates
The following examples can used as templates or simply as guides to refer to.
- General assignment marking guide example (Word, 35KB)
- Literature review assessment example (Word, 43KB)
- Oral presentation assessment example (Word, 26KB)
- Poster presentation assessment example (Word, 26KB)
- Guide to assessing groupwork (Word, 50KB)
Many instances of plagiarism occur because students are unfamiliar with what constitutes plagiarism or do not know how to avoid plagiarising another scholar’s work. As a marker, you will need to be aware of what constitutes plagiarism and be able to inform your students. See the University’s plagiarism information page.
Part of a tutor’s professional development lies in evaluating your teaching and the
papers you teach.
You can also find out more about the teaching evaluation service offered by HEDC.