If you don’t see the workshop or seminar you are looking for listed here, try searching archived workshops. These can be repeated if there is sufficient interest – click ‘express interest’ on any full or archived workshop if you would like to be kept informed.
For any workshop enquiries, please email HEDC reception or phone us on (03) 479 8492.« Back to workshop list
|Workshop Name||Introduction to qualitative research methodology|
|About Workshop||This workshop offers the opportunity to learn and practice inquiry processes for conducting qualitative research. Within selected theoretical frameworks, the following techniques will be studied: framing the study, participant observation, interviewing, analytic induction and constant comparison, reporting.
• To understand the general nature of qualitative research.
• To understand the steps involved in designing a qualitative research study, beginning with the development of an appropriate question, through to identifying the appropriate methodology and method(s).
• To understand the various paradigms that under-girds qualitative research design.
• To practice selected methods in qualitative inquiry.
• To understand the role of the researcher and ethical issues in qualitative research.
This workshop has been designed for delivery via a number of instructional approaches including
• Interactive group discussion
• Reflection and application.
Participants may join via Zoom.
Please note that our seminar room is up a flight of stairs. Please let Candi Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if this will cause accessibility issues for you.
|Who Should Attend||University staff and postgraduate students|
|Date & Time||
23/01/2020 Thursday 01:00PM - 03:00PM
HEDC Seminar Room, 65 Union Place West, Dunedin and via Zoom (https://otago.zoom.us/j/7096505662)
|Facilitators||Assoc. Prof. Ben Daniel, Higher Education Development Centre|